Table of Content
• Tina Redshaw, UK ambassador, impressed by Women Champion’s works: ActionAid Cambodia is honored and delighted to arrange a visit for Ambassador Tina to meet our Women Champion in Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change (DRR/CC) and visit Trapaeng Sangke and Kampong Samaki Fishery Community.
• Varou shortlisted as one the Rising Star Award Finalists by UNDRR Leadership 2022: ActionAid Cambodia is delighted and proud of Mrs. Mat Varou, Woman Champion of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change (DRR/CC) from Kampot Province, who has been shortlisted as one of 10 finalists for the Rising Star Award by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) recently.
• National Disaster Risk Reduction Day Celebration: Mrs. Bun Panharith, Chair of Pursat Provincial Women Champion, on 13th July 2022, attended 29th National Disaster Risk Reduction Forum and presented the key achievements of DRR of Women Champion. National Committee on Disaster Management (NCDM) this year organized the forum under the "Sendai Framework" for DRR in Cambodia" theme.
• ActionAid and its partners inaugurate mobile application for public service complaints: 28th July 2022 marks the official launch of the “Our Voice” mobile application, a new tool for citizens to provide feedback, including making a complaint, about public services at the sub-national level in Cambodia. Jointly developed by the Ministry of Interior (MoI), Transparency International Cambodia (TI Cambodia), and ActionAid Cambodia (AAC).
• Community Challenges are brought to local authority through the youth’s charter of demands: As part of the Greater Young Women Empowerment in Decision Making and Accountable Public Service Delivery Project, with the financial support of the European Union in Cambodia and the Embassy of Sweden Section Office in Phnom Penh, ActionAid Cambodia and Transparency International Cambodia in collaboration with partners organised series of consultative workshop on the Youth's Charter of Demands in five provinces where the project has been implementing.
• ActionAid Cambodia in the News
ActionAid Cambodia is honored and delighted to arrange a visit for Ambassador Tina to meet our Women Champion in Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change (DRR/CC) and visit Trapaeng Sangke and Kampong Samaki Fishery Community.
Listening to the life experience of the women champion, she was impressed by their dedication to raising awareness of climate change risks and their promotion of greater community resilience. Ambassador was proud of their works and looking forward to seeing more women like them in Cambodian society.
Following Ambassador Tina’s meeting with the inspirational women climate champion, she visited Trapaeng Sangke and Kampong Samaki Community Fishery. The two fishery communities are dense mangrove forest and biodiversity, which plays a critical role in supporting the rich marine ecosystem and the people’s livelihood.
Further contents of the ActionAid Newsletter, please download our attachment below: